You Asked - I LIstened
You Asked, I Listened!
September 11, 2020
My business ethic is to help as many horses as possible, using the least mechanical or chemical intervention. The prevention and treatment of injuries, colic and discomfort is no exception.
So Im super excited to release The Equine First Aid Kit Spring Bundle, due to customer demand! My belief is in the healing of horses using medicinal remedies that are plant based, just like your horse. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for veterinary intervention and care when required. However, there are so many medicinal plant based treatments that REALLY work. The products included in the Equine First Aid Spring Bundle have been tried and tested not just with my own horses but hundreds of satisfied clients as well.
Included in the bundle is:
1 x 250ml Salve-Ation
1 x 250 ml Colic RX
1 x U-Bute - Containing 4 doses
1 x Equi-Chill - Containing 2 doses
1 x Calendula & Golden Seal Eye Wash, Complete with Eye dropper bottle.
1 x laminated card with all ingredients, directions for use and specifications of what each product does.
1 x Easy to read laminated card with the average horse's TPR (temperature, pulse, respiration)
Perfect to keep in your tack room or on your fridge for quick reference in an emergency.
Who does this bundle suit?
Any one who wants to be prepared in the case of an emergency as well as anyone who wishes to have a natural alternative to sedatives, painkillers and chemical laden topical lotions.
What are each of the products and when do I use them?
- Salve-Ation: Is a fast-acting 100% Natural topical healing salve for cuts, scrapes, open wounds, and other abrasions.
- Colic RX: Best used as a first line of defence when colic symptoms appear. A proprietary blend of human grade medicinal herbal extracts including Chamomile and Valerian that are known for their ant-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, mild sedative and anodyne (pain relieving) effects.
- U-Bute: A herbal alternative to Bute that actually works! Anti-inflammatory properties and analgesics to help reduce inflammation as well as pain. It can also be beneficial in settling the nervous system to assist in calming the horse who is in pain and having muscle spasms or anxiety related to pain. Can be used long term with no concerns of ulcers or induced colic.
- Equi-Chill: All natural, calmer made with herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals. (no prohibited substances)
- Assists with anxiety, excitability, stress and competition nerves. Suitable for performance or pleasure horses. It’s an excellent alternative to sedation when treating or managing injuries or in the case of box rest.
What else do I need for a complete Equine First Aid Kit?
To complete your first aid kit we recommend that you source the following items:
- A thermometer to check your horse’s temperature. Anything above 38.5 degrees Celsius is a fever and may indicate an infection.
- A stethoscope to listen to your horse’s respiration , heartbeat, and gut sounds.
- Stainless steel first-aid scissors, with one sharp point and one blunt one for general use.
- A box of latex gloves.
- A small bucket that you only use for medical purposes like preparing a disinfectant solution. Or for soaking an abscessed foot.
- Cotton swabs
- Vet wrap or cohesive bandages.
- Disposable nappies in size newborn - good for wrapping hocks, knees and hooves
- It’s always a good idea to have an evaporating hand sanitiser to disinfect your hands and clean the equipment after use.